So… I haven’t really posted in a while. I thought it was because I didn’t have anything to say, but really I think that it’s because I didn’t know how to say it- as is often the case.
I’m thinking of setting a posting schedule for myself so I don’t keep putting it off, but I’m not amazing at following self-managed schedules, so we’ll see.
Here’s what I’ve been up to (ranging from small life details to bigger things):
- I recently read ‘On Writing’ by Stephen King, and I feel like my life as a writer has changed greatly. The beginning of the book was mostly stuff about King’s life, which I hadn’t expected (it was amazing to read, though. I’m happy I did, as I’d always thought that King was a creepy, twisted guy who sat in his basement writing awful stuff. Before reading it I knew next to nothing about him or his work), and I’m glad that I kept reading. It was so helpful and so inspiring. Since then, I’ve been reading a lot of King’s work (I’m currently reading It. A long read, but I’m determined to finish it!) and checking up on his website often.
- My bunion surgery is scheduled for May 6th. I’ll be doing a post about it a week before, the day before, then hopefully the day after and a few more post surgery ones.
- I’ve put my search for an agent on hold. I’m simply not happy enough with the book that I wanted representation for.
- My siblings and I are making a fan film series for Ms. Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children and will be uploading it to YouTube when we complete episode one. I’ll be posting updates on that!
- I’m sort of obsessed with Wattpad. Click HERE to check out my writing on there!
- My new (and first) car is in a repair shop being worked on. My dad got a good deal from a friend. I’ll post a picture when we get it back. I can’t wait until I can get my permit (counting down the days until I turn sixteen…)!
- The short story ebook I wrote lost its popularity streak (I was the #1 ‘hot new release’ a week or two ago), and I don’t mind as much as I thought I would. Because I never have to stop writing. I’ll just keep doing it. Forever.
- I got into skateboarding. Here’s my board!
I can’t really think of anything else, but you’d probably get bored if I did anyway. If you read this far, you’re amazing.
How’s your life going? How’s your writing going? Share in the comments! I’d love to read anything you’re writing that you need advice on. I’ve been busy, but I always make time for fellow writers who could use another opinion.
You’re a writer because you write. That’s literally the definition. So be yourself and write!